Table of Contents
To uninstall TurboTax on a Mac, you will need to access the Applications folder and find the TurboTax icon. Once you have found the icon, simply drag it to the trash can on your desktop. You may be prompted to enter your password to complete the uninstall process.
How do I uninstall TurboTax Deluxe 2020?
Can I uninstall and reinstall TurboTax?
Yes, you can uninstall and reinstall TurboTax. However, you may want to reach out to TurboTax support to see if there is a better solution for your issue before uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
How do I delete a folder in TurboTax?
To delete a folder in TurboTax, first open the folder you wish to delete. Then, click on the “Delete” button located at the top of the folder. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Once you confirm, the folder and all of its contents will be permanently deleted.
Do I need to uninstall TurboTax 2020 before installing 2021?
Yes, you need to uninstall TurboTax 2020 before installing 2021.
Can I reinstall TurboTax 2021?
If you need to reinstall TurboTax 2021, you can follow the instructions here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/download-install/. Simply scroll down to the section labeled “Reinstall TurboTax.”
How do I move TurboTax from one computer to another?
There are a few different ways to do this, depending on which version of TurboTax you are using.
If you are using the TurboTax CD/download software:
1. On your old computer, sign in to your TurboTax account.
2. Select the Take a backup copy link under the Tools heading.
3. When prompted, choose to save the backup file to a removable drive (like a USB flash drive).
4. Plug the removable drive into your new computer, and double-click the backup file to restore your TurboTax account information.
If you are using the TurboTax online software:
1. On your old computer, sign in to your TurboTax account.
2. Select the Profile icon in the upper-right corner, and then select Profile and Preferences.
3. Under the Download/Transfer section, select the Transfer my TurboTax data from or to another computer link.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup file.
5. Plug the removable drive into your new computer, and double-click the backup file to restore your TurboTax account information.
Can I open TurboTax without updating?
We recommend updating TurboTax before opening it to ensure that you have the latest features and security updates.
Why is TurboTax making me use Deluxe?
There could be a few reasons why TurboTax is making you use Deluxe. One reason could be that you need to use Schedule C to report business income and expenses, which is only available in the Deluxe edition. Another reason could be that you are self-employed and need to file a Schedule C-EZ or a Schedule C. Lastly, you may need to file a state return, which is only available in the Deluxe edition.
How do I clear and start my desktop on TurboTax?
In order to clear your desktop on TurboTax, you will need to take the following steps:
1. Click on the “File” menu located in the upper-left corner of the screen.
2. Select the “Clear and Start Over” option from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the “Continue” button to confirm that you want to clear your desktop.
4. Your desktop will now be cleared and you can start over with your tax return.
How do I delete a duplicate in TurboTax?
To delete a duplicate in TurboTax, follow these steps:
1. Open TurboTax and go to the “Returns” tab.
2. Find the duplicate return that you want to delete and click on it.
3. Click the “Delete” button.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the return.
How do I remove Mint from TurboTax?
If you need to remove Mint from TurboTax, you can follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Mint account and go to the Profile section.
2. Click on the Linked Accounts tab.
3. Find TurboTax in the list of linked accounts and click on the Unlink button next to it.
4. You will be asked to confirm that you want to unlink the account. Click on the Unlink button again to confirm.
After you have successfully unlinked Mint from TurboTax, you can follow these steps to remove Mint from your computer:
1. Close all open Mint tabs.
2. Go to the Mint website and log in to your account.
3. Click on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
4. Click on the Security tab.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Deactivate your Mint account link.
6. You will be asked to confirm that you want to deactivate your account. Click on the Deactivate button to confirm.
After you have successfully deactivated your Mint account, you can delete the Mint files from your computer.
Can I reinstall TurboTax on a new computer?
Yes, you can reinstall TurboTax on a new computer. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes.
1. Download the TurboTax software to your new computer.
2. Double-click the downloaded file to begin installation.
3. Follow the prompts to complete installation.
4. Launch TurboTax and sign in using your existing account credentials.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the reinstallation process.
How many times can TurboTax be installed?
TurboTax can be installed an unlimited number of times on the same computer.
How do I install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers?
To install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers, you will need to purchase a separate license for each computer. Once you have purchased the licenses, you can then install the software on each computer.
Where do I find TurboTax files on Mac?
There are a few different ways to find TurboTax files on a Mac computer. One way is to use the Finder application. To do this, open Finder and click on the “File” menu. Then, select the “Find” option. In the search bar, type in “TurboTax” and hit enter. This should bring up a list of all the TurboTax files on the computer. Another way to find TurboTax files is to use the Spotlight search feature. To do this, click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. Then, type in “TurboTax” and hit enter. This should also bring up a list of all the TurboTax files on the computer.