Table of Contents
Yes, you can add money to your iTunes account by purchasing iTunes gift cards or by using a credit card.
How do you put money on your iTunes account?
Why can’t I add funds to my iTunes account?
If you’re having trouble adding funds to your iTunes account, there are a few things you can check:
– Make sure that your payment method is valid and up to date. You can update your payment information in the Settings app on your iOS device, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
– Check if Apple is having any system outages. Visit Apple’s System Status page to see if there are any reported outages for the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
– If you’re using a prepaid card, make sure that it has enough funds available to cover the amount you’re trying to spend.
How do you add money to iTunes from a gift card?
To add money to your iTunes account from a gift card:
1. Open the App Store app.
2. Tap your profile photo or initials in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap “Redeem Gift Card or Code.” If you don’t see “Redeem Gift Card or Code,” sign in with your Apple ID.
4. Enter the 16-digit code from the back of the card, then tap Redeem (you might have to sign in with your Apple ID again).
5. If you want to use the camera instead of manually entering your code, tap Use Camera and follow the instructions on your screen.*
Your updated balance appears in your country’s local currency.
How do I buy an iTunes card online?
Go to the Apple Store (https://www.apple.com/itunes/), and click on “iTunes Cards” in the sidebar. On the next page, select the type of card you want to purchase, then click on “Buy now.” Enter your payment information, then click “Buy.” Once your purchase is complete, you’ll receive an email with a code that can be used to redeem your iTunes card.
What can you use iTunes gift cards for?
iTunes gift cards can be used to purchase music, movies, TV shows, apps, games, and books from the iTunes Store.
How do I use my iTunes balance instead of my credit card?
If you want to use your iTunes balance instead of your credit card, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Go to the iTunes Store on your computer and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Click on your name in the upper-right corner, then select “Account Info.”
3. Enter your password again when prompted.
4. Scroll down to the “iTunes in the Cloud” section and click “Manage.”
5. Select “Payments.”
6. Under “Payment Type,” choose “iTunes Store Account.”
7. You may need to enter your Apple ID password again at this point.
Why can’t I pay with my Apple ID balance?
Apple ID balance can only be used to purchase Apple products and services. It cannot be used to pay for third-party products or services.
What can I do with iTunes gift cards?
iTunes gift cards can be used to purchase music, movies, apps, games, books, and more from the iTunes Store, the App Store, and Apple Books.
Are iTunes gift cards still good?
Yes, iTunes gift cards are still good. You can use them to purchase apps, games, music, movies, and more on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store.
Is Apple Gift Card same as iTunes?
No, an Apple Gift Card can only be used to purchase Apple products and cannot be used to purchase iTunes content.
Do iTunes gift cards expire?
It depends on the issuer. Some issuers put expiration dates on their cards, while others do not. You should check with the issuer to see if there is an expiration date on your card.
Can you send someone an iTunes gift card electronically?
Yes, it is possible to send an iTunes gift card electronically. The steps to do so are as follows:
1. Open the App Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or go to iTunes Store on your computer.
2. From the App Store app or iTunes Store homepage, select Send Gifts. If you’re using an iOS device, tap the Share button , then tap Gift. If you’re using a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, hover your pointer over the item’s price and click the Buy button that appears; if you’re using a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, click . You might need to sign in with your Apple ID first.
3. Select a theme for your gift and tap Next. Tap Today if you want to schedule delivery of your gift today—the amount of time until delivery varies depending on when you send it and where it’s going—or choose another date from the pop-up menu (you can also edit this date after tapping). Then enter any message you want before tapping Next again (iMessage only). To skip adding a personal message and just include information about what they’ll be getting without previewing it first (for example: “An album I think you’ll love”), scroll down and toggle off Preview Your Message at the bottom of this page instead (in iOS devices only). If prompted that iMessage is not enabled for their email address yet but would like to be able to text them from their iPhone as well as receive texts from anyone else who uses an iPhone—including people who don’t have iPhones themselves but use other SMS-capable phones—tap Use iMessage before continuing.* In some cases after doing so may see additional options here such as Add Another Recipient… which lets you add up to 32 recipients total including yourself so long as each one has either an iCloud/Apple ID email address associated with their own individual Apple IDs already set up OR valid phone numbers entered that correspond directly with their actual cellular service provider’s SMS texting gateway domain name** in order for those individuals whom don’t have any iCloud/Apple IDs set up yet nor any other email addresses besides ones ending in “@icloud” or “@me” domains currently associated with existing Apple IDs still receive these gifts once scheduled even though they won’t appear under Contacts > People tab inside Messages app itself since these folks technically aren’t considered contacts by Messages standards otherwise*** unless someone manually enters them into Contacts listings beforehand anyway prior scheduling these types gifts****; also note that unlike regular contact groups created via Contacts application which still require everyone listed having some sort active iCloud account somewhere***** whether its through setting one up solely for purposes accessing iCloud features exclusively OR signing into same via System Preferences > iCloud pane using
Can I transfer my Apple Gift Card to my bank account?
Apple Gift Cards can only be used to purchase goods and services from Apple, either online or at a physical Apple Store. They cannot be transferred to a bank account.